One Pot Pasta recipe is a harmonious blend of pasta, diced tomatoes, and aromatic herbs simmering together, creating a rich, flavorful sauce that wraps every bite in savory goodness. Discover the magic of simplicity without sacrificing taste.
Why I Loved This Recipe
I’ve always been a fan of dishes that embrace the concept of simplicity without compromising on taste.
This One Pot Pasta does just that.
The magic happens as everything – pasta, sauce, and flavors – simmers together in a single pot, allowing the ingredients to meld and create a harmonious symphony of taste.
Plus, as someone with a busy schedule, the time-saving aspect of this recipe is a total lifesaver.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re anything like me, you’ll appreciate the convenience and deliciousness this recipe brings to the table.
▪️ Effortless Simplicity: Embrace the joy of cooking without the hassle of multiple pots and pans. With just one pot, you’ll craft a complete pasta dish, infusing flavors and reducing cleanup time.
▪️ Flavor Fusion: Watch as the ingredients meld together, creating a symphony of tastes. The pasta absorbs the essence of diced tomatoes and aromatic herbs, resulting in a rich and deeply satisfying sauce.
▪️ Time-Saving Wonder: Say goodbye to long hours in the kitchen. Our One Pot Pasta slashes cooking time while delivering a gourmet experience that’s perfect for busy weekdays.
▪️ Customizable Delight: Tailor your meal to suit your cravings. Add protein, swap veggies, or adjust seasonings to make every batch uniquely yours – all in one pot!
▪️ Satisfying Comfort: Experience the comfort of a home-cooked meal with minimal effort. Indulge in a bowl of hearty pasta that’s brimming with flavors and reminiscent of cherished family dinners.
Before we dive into the details, here are a few notes to ensure your One Pot Pasta turns out just right:
▪️ Choose the Right Pasta: Opt for pasta shapes that cook evenly and won’t turn mushy, like penne, rotini, or linguine.
▪️ Control the Liquid: Start with less liquid than you think you’ll need, and gradually add more as the pasta cooks. You want a perfect balance between saucy and al dente.
▪️ Add Ingredients Wisely: Some ingredients, like vegetables and protein, may need more time to cook than pasta. Add them at the appropriate stages to ensure everything is perfectly tender.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Simplify your cooking process with these essential tools:
▪️ Large Pot: A spacious pot with a lid is your canvas for creating this masterpiece.
▪️ Wooden Spoon: Perfect for stirring and preventing pasta from sticking together.
▪️ Chef’s Knife: A sharp knife makes chopping ingredients a breeze.
▪️ Cutting Board: Protect your countertops and chop your veggies with ease.
▪️ 12 oz pasta of your choice: The heart of your dish! Choose your favorite pasta shape – it’s like setting the stage for a delicious pasta adventure.
▪️ 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes: These little flavor bombs bring a burst of tomato goodness to your dish. They add a tangy sweetness that’s a perfect match for the herbs.
▪️ 1 onion, thinly sliced: The onion brings a touch of savory charm to the party. It becomes wonderfully tender and adds a subtle depth of flavor.
▪️ 3 cloves garlic, minced: Garlic is like the secret superhero of your dish. It infuses the entire creation with its irresistible aroma and adds a kick of flavor.
▪️ 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth: This liquid gold is the base of your sauce. It’s like the canvas on which all the flavors come together.
▪️ 1 teaspoon dried oregano: Oregano is like a little sprinkle of Mediterranean magic. It adds a warm, earthy note that complements the tomatoes.
▪️ 1 teaspoon dried basil: Basil is your aromatic ally. Its fresh and slightly sweet flavor is like a breath of fresh air in your dish.
▪️ 1 cup mushrooms, diced: Mushrooms bring an earthy richness to the scene. They add a lovely texture and absorb all the delicious flavors.
▪️ ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste): If you’re feeling adventurous, red pepper flakes are your ticket to a little spicy kick. It’s like a sassy dance move in your pasta.
▪️ Salt and pepper to taste: The seasoning duo that’s like the conductor of your flavor symphony. They ensure every bite is perfectly seasoned.
▪️ 2 tablespoons olive oil: Olive oil is like a velvety embrace that brings everything together. It’s the silky touch that makes your dish shine.
▪️ Fresh basil and grated Parmesan for garnish: These are the finishing touches – like the final strokes on a masterpiece. Fresh basil adds a burst of color and a pop of freshness, while grated Parmesan brings that delightful cheesy finish.
With these handpicked ingredients, your One Pot Pasta becomes a symphony of flavors that’s both comforting and exciting.
Making Of One Pot Pasta
1. Spark the Flavor Fire: In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and let it warm up over medium heat. Now, in goes the sliced onion – let it dance around until it becomes that lovely translucent shade.
2. Garlic’s Grand Entrance: Sprinkle in the magic of 3 minced garlic cloves. Oh, the aroma! Let them sizzle for a minute, like a fragrant whisper in the air. And hey, why not add a pinch of red pepper flakes? It’s like inviting a little spicy tango to the party.
3. Unite the Ingredients: Time to introduce your pasta star! Pour in that 12 ounces of pasta, and don’t be shy – let it join the flavor fiesta. Now, grab that can of diced tomatoes, juices, and all, and let it dive into the pot. Sprinkle in the dried oregano, dried basil, and just a touch of salt and pepper.
4. Broth Bonding: Get ready to create some liquid magic. Pour in 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth. It’s like giving your pasta a delicious pool to swim in. Give it all a gentle stir – it’s a party, after all!
5. Simmering Symphony: Turn up the heat a bit and let the pot come to a friendly simmer. Imagine the flavors mingling, getting to know each other better. Pop a lid on your pot, and let the pasta simmer away for about 10-12 minutes.
6. Mushroom Marvel: After the pasta’s had its simmering spa time, it’s the mushroom’s moment to shine. Toss in those diced mushrooms – they’re like little flavor buddies that add a delightful earthiness to the mix.
7. Pasta Perfection: Give your creation a taste test. Does it need a bit more salt? How about a dash more pepper? Adjust the seasoning until it feels just right. Your taste buds are the guide!
8. Basil Beauty: Before you unveil your pasta masterpiece, sprinkle in some fresh basil. It’s like adding a pop of green and a burst of freshness that brings your dish to life.
9. Cheesy Celebration: Last but not least, shower your creation with grated Parmesan. It’s like a confetti of cheese that adds that irresistible finish.
And there you have it – your One Pot Pasta adventure is complete! It’s like a symphony of flavors, all cooked up in one pot for the ultimate convenience.
Whether you’re enjoying it with loved ones or savoring a solo meal, this dish is a testament to the simple magic that good ingredients and creative cooking can create.
Feel free to customize your One Pot Pasta:
▪️ Protein: Add cooked chicken, shrimp, or sausage for a heartier meal.
▪️ Vegetables: Experiment with different veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Elevate your One Pot Pasta with these tasty additions:
▪️ Creamy Dreamy: Stir in a splash of heavy cream or cream cheese for a luscious, creamy sauce.
▪️ Cheese Lovers: Boost the cheesy goodness with shredded mozzarella or grated cheddar.
Enjoy your One Pot Pasta as a stand-alone meal or complement it with:
▪️ Garlic Bread: A side of garlic bread is a classic choice that never disappoints.
▪️ Green Salad: A crisp green salad balances the richness of the pasta.
▪️ This recipe serves approximately 4 people, making it ideal for a family dinner or leftovers for the next day.
▪️ Stir the pasta occasionally to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
▪️ If the liquid is evaporating too quickly, add a splash of broth or water as needed.
▪️ Customize the seasonings to your taste preferences – more herbs, less spice, it’s all up to you!
▪️ Store any leftover One Pot Pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
▪️ Reheat gently on the stovetop with a splash of broth or water to restore the sauciness.
Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones?
Absolutely! Dice fresh tomatoes and use them in place of canned for a vibrant twist.
Q. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Certainly! Opt for gluten-free pasta and ensure your broth is gluten-free as well.
Q. Can I add wine to the sauce?
Of course! A splash of white wine can add a delightful depth of flavor to the sauce. Just add it before the broth.
Cheesy One Pot Pasta
- Large Pot for creating this masterpiece
- Wooden Spoon for stirring and preventing pasta from sticking together
- Chef’s Knife for chopping ingredients a breeze
- Cutting Board to protect your countertops and chop your veggies with ease
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 can 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil and grated Parmesan for garnish
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced onions and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in minced garlic and red pepper flakes, cooking for an additional minute.
- Add 12 oz of your chosen pasta, 1 can of diced tomatoes (with juices), 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pot.
- Pour in 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth and give everything a good stir.
- Increase the heat slightly and bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until the pasta reaches your preferred level of doneness.
- After the pasta has simmered, add the diced mushrooms to the pot and stir them in.
- Taste the pasta and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the One Pot Pasta hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.