Shrimp skewers are an all-time favorite for summer grilling. They’re quick, simple to make, and flavorful. Shrimp skewers with lemon and garlic are a traditional flavor combination that is always a hit. The delicious dish is perfect for any outdoor event because of the tangy citrus flavors of the lemon and the savory garlic.
Lemon garlic shrimp skewers are a flavorful and healthy choice for a summer bbq or a quick dinner.
The flavorful shrimp get a flavor boost from the mixture of tangy lemon and spicy garlic.
Being quick and simple to make, this dish is ideal for busy weeknights or last-minute events.
The recipe’s versatility in terms of flavors is one of its best qualities.
From grilled vegetables to rice to quinoa salads, the lemon and garlic go well with a variety of side dishes.
This makes it simple to adjust the menu to suit your preferences or dietary needs.
Shrimp is a good choice for anyone trying to eat a balanced diet because it is a great source of protein and has few calories.
Eliminating processed or harmful additions, the marinade for the shrimp is made with basic ingredients like honey and olive oil.
Generally speaking, lemon garlic shrimp skewers are a tasty and simple appetizer that is ideal for any occasion.
It’s certain to become a summer favorite in your recipe collection with its vibrant, citrus flavors and nutritious components.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Wooden or metal skewers
1. To avoid burning, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
2. Mix the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. (if using).
3. To uniformly coat the shrimp with the marinade, add them to the bowl and mix.
4. For at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, cover and chill.
5. Heat your grill to a medium-high heat setting.
6. Making sure to allow enough space between each piece for uniform grilling, thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
7. The skewers should be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are opaque and pink.
8. After taking the skewers from the grill, serve them right away.
1. For the finest flavor, be sure to properly coat the shrimp in the marinade.
2. To avoid the shrimp becoming rough and rubbery, don’t overcook them.
3. Add a second minced clove of garlic to the marinade to intensify the garlic flavor.
4. The best flavor comes from using fresh lemon juice.
5. You can omit the red pepper flakes for a milder kick or change the quantity to your preference.
6. The skewers should be cooked over medium-high heat for the best results.
1. Replace the lemon juice with lime juice and add chopped cilantro to the marinade for a unique flavor profile.
2. To give the shrimp a smokey or earthy taste, try experimenting with other spices like cumin or smoked paprika.
3. For an additional layer of flavor, add finely chopped fresh herbs marinade, such as thyme or rosemary.
4. Add a spoonful of brown sugar to the marinade for a sweeter flavor.
What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers:
Lemon garlic shrimp skewers pair well with a variety of side dishes, such as grilled vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Grilled asparagus
- Roasted or grilled potatoes
- Greek salad
- Quinoa salad
- Grilled corn on the cob
- Cucumber salad
Lemon garlic shrimp skewers are a tasty and simple recipe that is ideal for grilling in the summer.
You can make a delicious meal that will wow guests with just a few simple ingredients and a short amount of cooking time.
This dish is a must-try for any seafood fan, whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or just looking for a quick and simple meal.